BLUEJACKET 5TH ANNIVERSARY PARTY + DOUBLE MEXICAN RADIO RELEASE!
Join us on Sunday, November 11th for Bluejacket’s 5th anniversary party. Beginning at 11 AM, we will be offering all – yes all – of our drafts and casks for only $5 until 4 PM!
We’ll kick off the festivities right at 11 AM, hosting a live, two-hour broadcast of Foodie & The Beast radio show with our good friends David and Nycci Nellis celebrating their milestone 10th anniversary on air right on our mezzanine.
Our bottle shop will also open promptly at 11 AM to offer two special releases of barrel-aged Imperial Stouts – Double Mexican Radio: Bourbon 2018 and Mad World 2018 – plus limited edition t-shirts and glassware.
We can’t wait for you to try this year’s Double Mexican Radio: Bourbon. The 2018 vintage is bold, rich and creamy on the palate, with the perfect interplay of spices. A blend of our Imperial Sweet Stout base aged for 6 months in various Bourbon barrels (Woodford Reserve Double Barrel, Buffalo Trace, Jim Beam and Heaven Hill), ‘Double Mexi’ is spiced with cocoa nibs, vanilla beans, cinnamon sticks and ancho chili peppers.
Not to be outdone, we’re also debuting bottles of Mad World 2018. Designed to showcase the beautiful confluence of craft beer in coffee, this massive Imperial Stout was aged 9 months in Woodford Reserve, Woodford Double Oak, Buffalo Trace and Heaven Hill Barrels. Mad World was then infused with Vigilante Coffee’s Tin Lizzie Espresso blend, followed by a final dollop of fresh vanilla beans.
Last but certainly not least – we’re going to have live music on the patio and Chef Marcelle Afram is firing up our outdoor grill with a menu that will include Lamb Sausage, Grilled Curry Cauliflower and Shish Taouk grilled chicken skewers!
Bottles of Double Mexican Radio: Bourbon 2018, Mad World 2018 will be available in the bottle shop beginning at 11 AM for $18 per bottle. Limited edition 5th anniversary glassware and t-shirts will also be available beginning at 11 AM.
There is no admission fee for this event. All Bluejacket drafts will be $5 until 4 PM. Food will be available for purchase a-la-carte.
- Spice Cake Cinnamon Rolls, carrot cream cheese frosting, candied pecans
- Whipped Mascarpone Toast, honey, sesame, country ham, caramelized pear
- Duck Confit Benny, delicata squash, beernaise
- Baked Egg Shakshouka, summer’s tomatoes, peppers, onions, polenta
- Fried Mortadella, Egg & Cheese, caramelized onion, pepadew mayo, Portuguese muffin
- Warm Farmer’s Salad, grilled greens, carrots, radish, goat cheese, pomegranate, pita chips
- Shish Taouk, grilled chicken skewer, sumac onions, garlic toom, flat bread
- Lamb Sausage, herb salad, sweet potato, spiked yogurt
- Falafel Burger, pickled beet salad, dill yogurt
- 6 oz Seven Hills Beef Burger, grilled red onion, provolone, arugula, bomba aioli
- Grilled Curry Cauliflower, squash tahini, harissa, toasted pine nuts